May Practice ROGAINE Course
Daily individual registrations from May 1 -17 - Registration CLOSED
this practice course has been set up specifically to give individuals and families something to do during the COVID-19 pandemic (it is both educational and fun) – and is set up for individuals and the family unit, not for groups – please follow local regulations
Added new dates: May 16th and May 17th
This challenge is designed to build your confidence, and skill, at finding control points (CP’s) at your own pace and with a route of your own making. You will be provided with a map and clue sheet of 15-20 CP’s to find. Difficulty is often based upon distance – we don’t try to make the challenge impossible instead possible for all participants.
You have UP TO six hours (self-timed) to find as many control points as possible using map and compass or your GPS skills. You choose how many control points, and the course you want to follow while also managing time.
Rules and Guidelines: Sorry, there are a few …
- Any local/state/federal mandates, including social distancing perimeters, must be adhered to;
- There will be only one individual/family unit permitted to access the course per day;
- You are asked to return the laminated maps for other users to access (wipes will be provided – please don’t steal the bottle);
- No cheating – you have six hours;
- You will be provided directions, via email with your confirmation, to the start and the location for finding the map and clue sheet (no, we will not be greeting you); and
- A drawing for navigation goodie bag (value $50) will be held on May 15th at 5p from the entries posted on our Facebook page, event link.
Practice Reward Drawing: Each individual who participates in the Practice ROGAINE Course will receive one entry into the drawing to be held on May 15th at 5p. To be eligible, a photo of the clue sheet, with its associated finds, is to be uploaded to our Facebook Page Event Link.
Dates Available: This list is updated nightly in congruence with registrations. For same day availability please call Stacy at 970.946.5001. Please enter your date request into the text tab of the registration link.
Monday, May 11th – this date reserved
Tuesday, May 12th – available
Wednesday, May 13th – available
Thursday, May 14th – available
Friday, May 15th – this date reserved
Saturday, May 16th – available
Sunday, May 17th – available
What to Bring: A compass and/or GPS, a writing utensil and your day pack with the 10 Essentials – there will be no water on the course.
Directions: Will be provided to registrants with their confirmation. Start/finish line is approximately 20 minutes from the Pagosa Springs Visitor Center in the Fawn Gulch/Johnny Creek area.