Plan Ahead and Prepare - A Zoom Workshop
June 19, 2021 - Registration OPEN
minimum/maximum = 4/10
to confirm minimum workshop offering, registration closes June 17th
Plan Ahead and Prepare Workshop Description: The first principle of Leave No Trace. We would argue the most important principle.
The most important tool before you go is Plan Ahead and Prepare. What you are doing is planning to have a great adventure. If you don’t know the answer to the following questions then you have poorly planned for your trip.
- What is the route (i.e. distance, terrain type, elevation gain/loss, expected time needed for hike)?
- What are the access and escape routes?
- What are/have been the weather conditions?
- What are the regulations/permit requirements?
- Do you have any concerns or reservations about the hike?
Remember, you can do everything right and something can go wrong. In this workshop we will share the interconnectedness of a successful adventure with planning ahead.
Fully into summer and excited about going outside, this is a good reminder workshop for experienced hikers who might have gotten a bit relaxed in their practices and a foundational workshop for new hikers who want to have more confidence. This 90-minute workshop will focus on the following topics:
- Your safety
- Components of trip planning
- 10 Essentials
- Five Why’s of a Bad Day
When: Saturday, June 19, 2021 at 10 am – 11:30 am (EST).
Cost: $15 per person.
ZOOM Link: Will be provided to confirmed registrants on June 17th.