The Boonedocks Lean-To
dedicated dates available
The Boonedocks Lean-To: There are times when getting away needs to be simple. A place outside that provides quiet and safety while also encouraging outdoor participation.
The Boonedocks Lean-To comfortably sleeps four and is a traditional backcountry lean-to. Perfect for kids, families and the learning outdoor enthusiast.
Dispersed tent camping is also available.
Things to Know:
- Reservations are required; no minimum night stay.
- This is a walk-in camp; parking is nearby but a walk of 100 yards is required.
- Site includes table and chairs and firepit. The goal is to build a privy in the summer of 2022.
- This is a working homestead which includes gardens, chickens, ducks and one unkindly rooster. Please be respectful.
- Any pets brought must be on leash; chasing of wildlife or interfering with homestead operations is not acceptable.
Things To Do: The property is 32 acres and has several short hiking trails. A six-control point orienteering challenge is set during the summer months (ask for a map and to borrow a compass). There are often tasks that need assistance, particularly during harvest and canning season for those who want to get into the dirt.
Food: There are occasions when breakfast and/or dinner can be provided. Meals are homemade and served family style.
- Breakfast – eggs, fruit and whatever else we have in the kitchen.
- Dinner – homemade soup, bread and green salad. S’more cones at the firepit.